Christmas is approaching fast but I still don’t feel the Christmas spirit, except for the cold amihan lingering in the early morning. Maybe because I am residing in a dormitory inside UP that I haven’t seen any lights or shining lanterns hanging along. And I still have to go through hell before I could claim my Christmas vacation. But before that, I will be attending all Christmas-related performances/activities as much as possible, including the parties. I’m also looking forward for the lantern parade.
I have listed here some of my wishes, some of them are even hard to get and quite pricey. But of course, I would still be happy and contented even without those.
1. DSLR Camera: If you know me well, you’d probably understand this. I like photography so much but I don’t have a camera. And I just lost my cellphone with a nice built-in 3.5 megapixel camera, so I have nothing to do at the moment.
2. 128-Crayon set or more: I want some complete set of art tools, especially a nice array of coloring materials. I already have a lot of coloring pencils so that leaves me for crayons.
3. Any nonfiction novels/manga: I like reading but I don’t have money to buy the books I wanted to read. I especially wanted these:
- Geisha-related books (especially Geisha by Aihara, Kyoko and Komomo’s autobiography)
- Geisha odori programmes
- Japanese language acquisition book (how to speak and write stuff)
- Suikoden III manga volumes, 1,5, 6, 8, 9, 10
I also need to list down the people to whom I’ll be giving gifts to, especially the children I teach in catechism classes. After all, Christmas is the spirit of giving and receiving. Merry Christmas! Maligayang Pasko!