At last, I can now relax and take things more slowly. I just cannot take the hellweek pressure anymore! But I also cannot stand the thought of being idle so I listed some things to do to keep myself busy but on my own pace.
- Update this blog with overdue posts
- Download drama series and videos
- Edit photos
- Read in advance some topics which will be tackled next semester
- Study kanji
- Upkeep of photo albums
- Start writing my thesis
Now that’s quite a lot! I hope I can do them all in this merely two-week vacation.
Ah, the TV news programs have already started the countdown for Christmas. The night is also beginning to be adorned with shimmering Christmas lights and colorful lanterns hanged along the streets and houses. Truly, I can already smell the sweet scent of anticipation for the coming of our savior, Jesus Christ. How I love Christmas, and surely everyone else does!
I plan to put a small Christmas decoration inside our room in the boarding house so that even when we study, we may never give up and lose hope. And perhaps, we might even forget that Christmas is already nearing due to our busyness to studying. Isn’t it beautiful when everyone’s heart is aching tenderly for the birth of our Savior? I also plan to download some Christmas songs to liven up the stiff mood of our room.
And now, here are my Christmas wish list:
1. YOUCAT book
2. Books by Saint Josemaria Escriva
- Friends of God
- The Way
- The Forge
- The Furrow
3. Catholicism of the Catholic Church
4. Any books (as long as it’s not SciFi)
- Culture-related books
- Alex Rider series
5 Comprehensive 2012 planner
6. DLSR Canon/Nikon Camera!
7. Geisha books
- Geisha: A Living Tradition (Kyouko Aihara)
- Women of the Pleasure Quarters (Lesley Downer)
- A Geisha’s Journey (Komomo)
- Geisha: A Unique World of Tradition, Elegance, and Art (John Gallagher)
- Geisha: Beyond the Painted Smile (George Braziller)
- Geisha: The Life, the Voices, the Art (Jodi Cobb)
8. Suikoden III Manga Volumes: 1, 5, 6, 8, 10
9. 100+ Crayola Set
Christmas is approaching fast but I still don’t feel the Christmas spirit, except for the cold amihan lingering in the early morning. Maybe because I am residing in a dormitory inside UP that I haven’t seen any lights or shining lanterns hanging along. And I still have to go through hell before I could claim my Christmas vacation. But before that, I will be attending all Christmas-related performances/activities as much as possible, including the parties. I’m also looking forward for the lantern parade.
I have listed here some of my wishes, some of them are even hard to get and quite pricey. But of course, I would still be happy and contented even without those.
1. DSLR Camera: If you know me well, you’d probably understand this. I like photography so much but I don’t have a camera. And I just lost my cellphone with a nice built-in 3.5 megapixel camera, so I have nothing to do at the moment.
2. 128-Crayon set or more: I want some complete set of art tools, especially a nice array of coloring materials. I already have a lot of coloring pencils so that leaves me for crayons.
3. Any nonfiction novels/manga: I like reading but I don’t have money to buy the books I wanted to read. I especially wanted these:
- Geisha-related books (especially Geisha by Aihara, Kyoko and Komomo’s autobiography)
- Geisha odori programmes
- Japanese language acquisition book (how to speak and write stuff)
- Suikoden III manga volumes, 1,5, 6, 8, 9, 10
I also need to list down the people to whom I’ll be giving gifts to, especially the children I teach in catechism classes. After all, Christmas is the spirit of giving and receiving. Merry Christmas! Maligayang Pasko!
These are some of the fairest flowers in the world. I think they’re really lovely in their own ways. Source from The Grow Spot.
Starting from the heart-shaped flower turning counterclockwise:
- Bleeding Heart (Lamprocapnos spectabilis)
- Black-eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta)
- Cherry Blossom (Prunus)
- Hydrangea (Hydrangea)
- Lily of the Valley (Convallaria majalis)
- Lantana (Lantana)
- Rose (Rosa)
- Colorado Blue Columbine (Aquilegia coerulea)
- Begonia (Begonia)
- Canna (Canna)
- Common Bluebell (Hyacinthoides non-scripta)
- White Calla Lily (Zantedeschia aethiopica)
My favorite among all the flowers listed is bleeding heart, though I haven’t seen one yet, but I like the uniqueness of its shape and how it blooms. I think chrysanthemum and orchids should also be in the list, because they come in very nice varieties and colors.
I also admire Philippine’s sampaguita (Jasminum sambac). It may not be as gorgeous and colorful as the flowers mentioned above, but it’s gentle and pure with its sweet fragrance. No wonder it was chosen as the national flower of the Philippines, the sampaguita can almost be compared to a dalagang Pilipina or Filipina woman.
I thought that I should answer a song slumbook using Yoshioka YUI’s songs. I really love her music and her style; she incorporates a lot of classic and electric guitars, drums, etc. which really rocks. She’s quite talented and I’m happy that her songs are hitting the top charts in Japan.
Boy or Girl: I Can’t Say
Describe yourself: Rolling Star
How do you feel: Ready to Love
Describe where you currently live: Skyline
If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Tokyo (actually Kyoto)
Your best friend is: Daydreamer
What’s the weather like: Summer Song
If your life was a TV show, what would it be called: Just My Way
What is life to you: Merry Go Round
You fear: Goodbye Days
What is the best advice you have to give: Laugh Away
How I would like to die: Simply White
My soul’s present condition: Free Bird
My motto: Love is All
That’s what she said: It’s All Right
Whew! I just came home a few hours before I posted this entry. It was hell when I was still in school dormitory; there was no Christmas feeling at all. So I’m really glad and content right now.
Though Christmas season is finally here, my mind is not yet completely in vacation mode. I still have to pass a lot of requirements next year. Oh well.
Here’s my wish list:
1. DLSR Camera: I really love photography obviously if you know me well. But I can’t afford to buy it so I’m using my camera cellphone for my photo pleasure.
2. Cute pair of Guinea Pig: I have all what it needs to house a pair of guinea pig; what I lack are the animals.
3. Chopsticks: Metal is better though wooden is fine too.
4. Big set of Crayola crayons: A 128 set or more would be really nice.
5. Any interesting books/manga: I like reading but I can’t afford to buy if it’s not required in school. I prefer fiction. Here are some of the titles I’m looking for:
- Geisha, A Life / Geisha of Gion by Mineko Iwasaki
- Geisha by Liza Dalby
- Other Geisha-related books
- Suikoden III Manga Volumes: 1, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11
- Amy Tan’s books
- A Thousand Splendid Suns
- Harry Potter Series
- Chronicles of Narnia Series
I also wish a happy and complete family bonding. Of course I’ll be giving some gifts for my friends too. After all, Christmas is the season of giving and receiving.
Merry Christmas! Maligayang Pasko!
I borrowed this nice slumbook idea from a friend. There are questions and you need to answer them by the title of the songs of a single artist or band. I chose “The Corrs” because they’re my favorite after all and I know a lot of their songs.
Boy or Girl: Queen of Hollywood
Describe yourself: Irresistible
How do you feel: Breathless
Describe where you currently live: Borrowed Heaven
If you could go anywhere, where would you go: At Your Side
Your best friend is: So Young
What’s the weather like: Summer Sunshine
If your life was a TV show, what would it be called: Secret Life
What is life to you: All the Love in the World
You fear: Goodbye
What is the best advice you have to give: The Right Time
How I would like to die: Lifting Me
My soul’s present condition: Heaven Knows
My motto: Love Gives Love Takes
That’s what she said: Give me a Reason